According to statistics, American healthcare spending grew 4.6% in 2019 and is projected to grow at an average annual rate of 5.4%, reaching $6.2 trillion by 2028. Along with those statistics, price growth for medical goods and services is expected to accelerate at an average of 2.4% per year.
With quickly rising healthcare costs, employers continue to educate themselves on the value-added services that can enhance both the employee experience and their bottom line. The more employers learn and understand the complex nature of healthcare, the more control they’ll have over how their healthcare dollars are being spent.
This confusing landscape, and the knowledge of needing services that exceed the standard healthcare benefits package, paved the way for an added healthcare solution: Member Advocacy. With not enough time in the day to know every detail about the healthcare system’s nuances, treatment options, and pricing complexities, it’s a member advocate’s full-time job to provide those answers for your workforce. Because of Member Advocacy, your benefits team doesn’t have to learn everything about healthcare. Member advocacy programs were built to do that for you; helping to save your employees and your business time and money.
How do Member Advocates make such a big impact?
– They can review healthcare bills and check for accuracy, organize them, and negotiate on an employee’s behalf.
– Can help your employees locate in-network providers
– Cut through system fatigue
– Refer to clinical experts
– Provide price transparency and cost-estimates for medical procedures.
– Answer day-to-day benefit questions
– Offer guidance on booking appointments and procedures
– Solving the big and little problems. Member Advocates are often the only ones spotting the simple errors that can lead to the biggest difference.
Along with this list, one of the most critical ways Member Advocates make a significant impact is in the time that your employees will save. The old saying, “time is money,” still rings true. Healthgram’s Member Advocacy Solution was created to take the work off your team and employees and provide a one-stop benefits resource.
“I can’t tell you how glad I am that we have this feature now. It saves me so much time and sanity… it’s like a breath of fresh air to have a dedicated advisor right at my fingertips.” – Healthgram Member
Learn about Healthgram’s Member Advocacy Program and how it can make a positive impact on your employees’ well-being and your company’s bottom line.