A change in health plans affects everyone: employees, human resources, consultants and executive teams. But with the right partners and strategy in place, everyone can benefit. Follow these best practices to build smarter self-funded health plans around what’s most important to your key stakeholders.
C-Suite executive teams
Healthcare is typically the second largest expense for a business. Ensure your company can continue providing benefits that attract and retain talent by requiring:
- An independent entity that can act as a steward of your plan free from conflicts of interest.
- One integrated system with centralized experts for appeals, customer service, check-runs, COBRA and technology.
- Auditing practices that ensure no savings opportunity goes undetected.
- Line-item visibility into claims.
- Proactive and results-driven strategies for engaging with highest-cost claimants
- Look for: A breakdown of the facilities and diagnoses driving highest-dollar claims and how they are being managed.
- Transparent Rx contracts, prior authorization and return of 100% of rebates.
Human Resources teams
When benefits are confusing or disruptive, employees look to HR for help. In our ongoing member survey, 52% of employees say that if they didn’t have access to Healthgram advisor, they would have involved HR. 39% would have avoided resolving their issue altogether. A better healthcare experience for HR should include:
- Dependable client service that allows HR to focus on strategy
- Fast issue resolution with one convenient point of contact
- Proven strategies for engaging employees in existing offerings
- Tangible examples of cost management to share with finance teams
- Notification of large claims in the pipeline
- Year-round transparency into plan performance
- Minimal disruption that allows HR to successfully manage through change
Smart benefits lead to savings and employer loyalty. Provide employees with a benefits experience that includes:
- Concierge-level benefits guidance and issue resolution with one number to call
- Proactive intervention that anticipates needs and helps them save on costs
- Personalized care plans for new and ongoing issues
- Omni-channel and customizable communication strategies
Companies rely closely on the expertise of their benefits adviser or broker. A successful health plan partner will provide them with:
- Seamless access to on-demand plan performance data. You and your broker should have full visibility into the ins and outs of your plan so that together, you can make data-driven decisions.
- Customized recommendations for improving health outcomes and savings.
- Expertise in compliance support and accuracy of claims administration – plus a single point of contact when questions arise.
- Trusted client retention rate, so that all parties can reap the benefits of ongoing savings.
Offer a self-funded health plan that works for everyone. Download a Healthgram solutions overview to learn more.